Best Fruits for Diabetics & Miracle Berry Benefits
What is Diabetes (Diabetes Mellitus)?
Diabetes is simply a group of diseases that result in too much sugar in the blood (high blood glucose). The most common types are:
- Type 1 diabetes – A chronic condition in which the pancreas produces little or no insulin.
- Type 2 diabetes (Adult Onset Diabetes) – A chronic condition that affects the way the body processes blood sugar (glucose).
- Gestational Diabetes – A form of high blood sugar that occurs during pregnancy.
- Pre-Diabetes (Borderline Diabetes) – A condition in which blood sugar is high, but not high enough to be type 2 diabetes.
What is Type 2 Diabetes?
Type 2 diabetes is the most common form of diabetes in the world. It occurs when the body cannot properly use insulin (a hormone that helps glucose get into the cells of the body). As a result, blood glucose increases above a critical value. People can get type 2 diabetes at any age, but you are at higher risk if you have pre-diabetes (borderline diabetes) or if you are:
- Older – 45 years or more
- Have a family history of diabetes
- Are not physically active
- A woman who had gestational diabetes. Gestational diabetes is a kind of diabetes that some women get when they are pregnant. Even if a woman’s blood sugar levels go down after her baby is born, she is at higher risk of getting type 2 diabetes later in life.
***If you are African American, Hispanic/Latino American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian American, or Pacific Islander, you are at higher risk for prediabetes and type 2 diabetes. Also, if you are Asian American, you are at increased risk for type 2 diabetes at a lower weight (about 15 pounds lower than weights in the 1 Point column). Talk to your doctor to see if you should have your blood sugar tested.
Approx. 9.4% of the US Population is Living With Diabetes
Approx. 9.4% of the US population is living with diabetes – that’s about 30.3 million people. An additional 84.1 million have prediabetes, which leads to the development of type 2 diabetes if the condition is left untreated.
Diabetes is a Life-altering Condition
Diabetes is a life-altering condition that requires you to keep constant watch of your blood sugar levels. This usually means adapting your diet, eating fruits and vegetables that sometimes may not be the tastiest, and trying your best not to give in to your sugar cravings.
Managing Type 2 Diabetes:
In order to properly manage your type 2 diabetes and prevent complications, your healthcare team will recommend the following:
- Cut down on sugar consumption in order to reduce the sugar in your blood stream
- Treat your body’s resistance to Insulin (in other words making your body more sensitive to your own insulin). This is done with weight loss through increased physical activity and adoption of healthy eating habits. Whether your healthcare team are proponents of low carbohydrate diet or low fat diet, ALL of them agree that PLANT-BASED WHOLE FOOD NUTRITION is the best way to help reduce your body’s resistance to Insulin.
In general, if you have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes following a low sugar, plant-based diet is crucial to preventing serious health complications. Unfortunately, cutting down sugar consumption is not an easy task since sugar triggers the same “reward center” in the brain as cocaine (Daily Mail). We are therefore all addicted to sugar and sweets so how can we practically and easily cut down on sugar and still satisfy our sweet tooth especially when you are diagnosed with diabetes? The so-called “Sugar free” cookies, cakes and desserts made with artificial sweeteners are not the answer for long term health.
MiraBurst is here to help:
A tiny, unique miracle berry could just be part of the answer to quelling those sugar cravings and help maintain healthier blood sugar levels. This miracle berry can help change eating habits for diabetics around the world. In fact, the diabetic epidemic is a huge motivating factor for commercializing the miracle berry since our mission is to make the world a healthier sweeter place for all. MiraBurst can help you satisfy your sweet tooth without compromising your health and help you manage your blood sugar even better!
The Miracle Berry
Thankfully there is something that can make life a little bit easier for diabetics: the Miracle Berry. Simply put, the miracle berry is a taste-altering fruit. It is known under many names (sweet berry, miraculous berry, miracle fruit, etc) and, if you want to get technical, its true name is Synsepalum Dulcificum. While this unique fruit can by no means cure diabetes, it can help you maintain a healthier diet.
Taste The Sweet Sensation of MiraBurst!
Enjoy sweet-tasting foods and drinks without any added sugar or sweeteners!
The Natural Effect
But regardless of the name, it all refers to a single plant that originates from West Africa. And no, the plant doesn’t have any magical properties, rather it temporarily changes the flavor of sour and acidic foods and drinks into sweet tasting without any added sugar or sweetener.
This effect is completely natural. You don’t need to add any sweeteners or sugars to change the taste, simply eat the berry before consuming sour or acidic foods and drinks for diabetics, and voila! You’ll immediately experience the sweet sensation.
The effect can last up to 60 minutes.
The reason why the Miracle Berry has such unique properties is that it contains the glycoprotein molecule known as miraculin. This molecule binds to proteins at low pH levels (aka when you eat sour and acidic foods), and super activates your sweet receptors, which allows you to perceive sour taste as sweet. When the saliva breaks down, the miraculin the effect wears off
How will MiraBurst practically help someone with Diabetes?
- MiraBurst makes fruit salads as well as healthy and sugar-free desserts (especially yogurt-based desserts) and smoothies (both fresh fruit smoothies and green smoothies from vegetables) taste naturally sweeter and more delicious without any added sugar or sweetener. It takes them to the next level of satisfaction. Several of the ten diabetic superfoods recommended by the American Diabetic Association actually taste much better with MiraBurst!
- Apple Cider Vinegar in Lemon Water turns into sugar-free lemonade. Studies have shown that apple cider vinegar helps to improve your body’s sensitivity to your own insulin and lemon water helps reduce blood sugar spikes after a carbohydrate diet. These are things a diabetic’s body struggles to do naturally.
- MiraBurst adds much needed natural sources of antioxidants – polyphenols (flavonoids and phenolics), Vitamin C, A and E, essential amino acids, minerals and micronutrients which are needed for healthy living and together help manage blood sugar levels.
- Overall, MiraBurst helps reduce sugar consumption, sugar addiction and helps with better management of your blood sugar by significantly enhancing the taste of healthy fruit salads, sugar-free smoothies from fruits and vegetables, sugar-free desserts as well as apple cider vinegar in lemon water. In addition, the fruit itself is very healthy for consumption since it contains phytonutrients with antioxidant properties, minerals, essential amino acids and micronutrients which are needed for healthy living and ALL together help manage blood sugar levels. We neither give you medications nor go against diet, exercise or medication prescribed by your healthcare team – We simply make your diet more enjoyable and healthier and as a result help to make it a lot easier to comply with it!. MiraBurst helps you to manage your blood sugar much better with less effort while giving your health a boost!
What Fruits Should Diabetics Consume?
Eating a wide variety of fruits and vegetables is crucial for maintaining good health, regardless of whether you have diabetes or not. A balanced diet is a healthy diet.
There are, however, certain fruits and vegetables that are more suitable for diabetics than others. Generally speaking, before consuming certain foods, it’s best for diabetics to check their glycemic index (GI).
The glycemic index is a rating of foods that tells you more about how a certain food item affects your blood sugar levels. The scale goes from 1 to 100, and the numbers indicate how fast the food is absorbed and how quickly it raises your blood sugar levels. The higher the number, the more quickly that food item will raise your blood sugar.
So, diabetics should go for foods with a lower GI (55 or lower). The problem here is that many fruits with low GI tend to be more sour than sweet. Those include:
As a diabetic, if you dislike the sour taste of these fruits, you can learn to enjoy it with the Miracle Berry.
Dietary Benefits from Citrus Fruits
As you may have noticed, some of the most beneficial fruits for diabetics are citrus fruits. Grapefruit, limes, lemons, and oranges are known for their strong taste that isn’t always pleasant for everyone.
However, these fruits bring you plenty of health benefits and should be included in most diets. Citrus fruits are primarily rich in vitamin C which boosts your immune system. They also contain vitamin B (important for cell health), magnesium, copper, phosphorous, and more. They’re known for their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
Nutrients from these Fruits
Most people believe they’re getting enough nutrients from these fruits when they make fruit juice for diabetics. But they often need to add sugar or artificial sweeteners to enhance the taste of this juice and make it pleasant for consumption. Or, on the other hand, they buy fruit juice that states it doesn’t have any artificial flavors.
Neither of these options is ideal, and the fruits lose much of their nutritive value when they’re processed.
Miracle Berries for Diabetics
This is why it’s much better for diabetics to use miracle berries and enjoy the sweet taste of completely natural fruit juice without adding anything to it. Simply put the fruit in a blender, take the miracle berry, and enjoy a completely natural citrus fruit juice that tastes sweet.
Enter your email to get special offers and FREE ground shipping on your first order!
Sign up and receive FREE shipping
What Nutritional Value can Miracle Berry give Diabetics?
When it comes to the miracle berry itself, including it into your diet can offer you plenty of benefits as well. The berry has no sugar, making it a perfect miracle fruit for diabetes. It’s very mildly sweet, so eating this fruit is very pleasant.
The fruit has only 1 calorie per serving. It doesn’t contain any carbohydrates, fat, or sodium. Instead, it’s rich in vitamins C, A, and E. It contains a hefty dose of leucine, an essential amino acid that promotes protein synthesis in muscles.
Another reason why it’s good to use this miracle berry for diabetics is that it contains polyphenols (flavonoids and phenolics) that have antioxidant properties which can help manage your blood sugar level. In addition, the pulp of the berry contains minerals and micronutrients needed for healthy living.
While the berry is completely safe to eat, and there aren’t any known side-effects, it’s always best to check with your doctor or nutritionist before you include it into your diet.
Taking miracle berries can help you lead a healthier lifestyle, simply because it makes sour and acidic foods and drinks taste sweet without any added sugar or sweetener while giving your health a boost!. These foods will be easier for you to eat, and you’ll never again have to add any sugar or sweeteners to enjoy all the benefits that they bring. Shop for Miracle Berries today with MiraBurst!
See what some of our happy customers have to say about our Miracle Berry products!
John Brown - Regular Customer
"This product is amazing! I do not like grapefruit before because of the strong sour flavor, so I tested it out with a grapefruit. I was able to enjoy it and did not get any of the sour flavor. I now can enjoy the grapefruit I get in my co-op along with other foods I could not tolerate before. This should help with making right choices on my meal plans."
Tiffany Greenfield - Regular Customer
"WOW! We tried the tablets at work. Lemons, limes, oranges, apples, pears, and some alcoholic drinks all had positive taste differences. A bunch of stuff didnt work and other things got nasty. Was a really fun activity."
Diana Swift - Regular Customer
"This was fun to play around with. A good number of tablets in the box. Safe and easy to use. The effect lasts for about an hour. Had several family members try it. The kids loved it."