1 in 3 US adults has Prediabetes (Borderline Diabetes) How about you? Could You Have Prediabetes?and is at high risk for type 2 diabetes.
What is Prediabetes?
You have prediabetes (borderline diabetes) if your blood glucose (sugar) levels are higher than normal—but not high enough to be diagnosed as diabetes. Prediabetes can lead to heart disease, stroke, and type 2 diabetes, the most common form of diabetes. Prediabetes can often be reversed by lifestyle modification consisting of:
- Adoption of healthy eating habits.
- Increased physical activity.
- Maintenance of healthy weight
About one out of three American adults has prediabetes!
Without intervention, many people with prediabetes could develop type 2 diabetes within five years. With numbers like that, it’s important to learn about prediabetes and take action.
Taste The Sweet Sensation of MiraBurst!
Enjoy sweet-tasting fruits and drinks without any added sugar or sweeteners!
Who is at Risk for Prediabetes?
The American Diabetes Association (ADA) launched its first risk test in 1993. The risk test was adapted by a published study and validated using data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). To simplify the test, only health traits that people would know about themselves were included, such as age, height, and weight, but not blood sugar levels.
A person with a high score on the online risk test (five or higher) is at significant risk for having prediabetes. However, only a blood test can determine an official diagnosis.
People who have these risk factors may be at higher risk than others for prediabetes and type 2 diabetes.
- 45 years of age or older.
- Parent or sibling has type 2 diabetes.
- Physically active fewer than 3 times per week.
- Ever given birth to a baby that weighed more than 9 pounds.
- Ever had diabetes while pregnant (gestational diabetes).
- African Americans, Hispanic/Latino Americans, American Indians, Pacific Islanders, and some Asian Americans are at unusually high risk for type 2 diabetes.
If you are at risk, talk to your health care professional about getting a blood sugar test and then adopt a lifestyle of healthy eating and increased physical activity. In addition, you can join the CDC National Diabetes Prevention Program.
How To Reverse Prediabetes.
In order to prevent pre-diabetes and prevent the development of Type 2 diabetes, we must first understand why we develop insulin resistance – the root cause of type 2 diabetes. Why does our body become resistant to our own insulin and therefore unable to regulate our blood sugar the way it should?
As we age, most people develop some level of insulin resistance. However, prediabetes and eventually type 2 diabetes is mostly related to lifestyle influences which worsen insulin resistance namely:
- Unhealthy Eating Habits with increased consumption of carbohydrates (sugar and starches) and processed foods.
- Inadequate Physical Activity
- Excessive Weight Gain
These factors worsen insulin resistance and greatly increase the likelihood of developing prediabetes and finally type 2 diabetes. Even with family history of type 2 diabetes, one can still prevent or delay onset of prediabetes and type 2 diabetes by preventing or reversing insulin resistance (making the body more sensitive to one’s own insulin). This is done by:
- Healthy Eating with reduced consumption of carbohydrates (sugar and starches) and processed foods.
- Being Physically Active- Any form of increased physical activity, especially aerobic exercises like taking a walk for about 30 minutes a day.
- Maintaining Healthy Weight- This comes naturally once healthy eating and increased physical activity become a lifestyle.
Healthy eating habits including cutting down on carbohydrates and processed food and sugar. The backbone for reducing insulin resistance and reversing prediabetes.
If you have been diagnosed with pre-diabetes following a low carbohydrate, high fat diet is crucial to preventing serious health complications.
Unfortunately, cutting down sugar consumption is not an easy task since sugar triggers the same “reward center” in the brain as cocaine (Daily Mail). We are therefore all addicted to sugar and sweets so how can we practically and easily cut down on sugar and still satisfy our sweet tooth? The so-called “Sugar free” cookies, cakes and desserts made with artificial sweeteners are not the answer for long term health.
MiraBurst is Here To Help:
A tiny, unique miracle berry could just be part of the answer to quelling those sugar cravings, enjoy healthy eating and help maintain healthier blood sugar levels. This miracle berry can help change eating habits for anyone looking to cut down on sugar and help prevent prediabetes. In fact, the diabetic epidemic is a huge motivating factor for commercializing the miracle berry since our mission is to make the world a healthier sweeter place for all –READ MORE ABOUT FOUNDER’S STORY..
Enter your email to get special offers and FREE ground shipping on your first order!
Sign up and receive FREE shipping
How Will Miraburst Practically Help Someone With Prediabetes?
- MiraBurst helps manage cravings for sugar and help retrain and recondition your taste buds to get used to less sugar thus helping with sugar addiction and better management of your blood sugar.
- MiraBurst makes healthy low carb/sugar-free desserts (especially yogurt-based desserts) and smoothies (both berry smoothies and green smoothies with berries or lemon) taste naturally sweeter and more delicious without any added sugar or sweetener. It takes them to the next level of satisfaction.
- With MiraBurst, Apple Cider Vinegar in Lemon Water turns into sugar-free lemonade for hydration. Lemon water contains a soluble fiber called pectin which slows down digestion of carbohydrates and apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid that slows movement of food from the stomach into the small intestine. Together, both work to prevent blood sugar spikes after meals. In addition, studies have shown that apple cider vinegar helps to improve your body’s sensitivity to your own insulin.
- MiraBurst adds much needed natural sources of antioxidants – polyphenols (flavonoids and phenolics), Vitamin C, A and E as well as essential amino acids, minerals and micronutrients which are needed for healthy living and together help manage blood sugar levels
See what some of our happy customers have to say about our Miracle Berry products!
John Brown - Regular Customer
"This product is amazing! I do not like grapefruit before because of the strong sour flavor, so I tested it out with a grapefruit. I was able to enjoy it and did not get any of the sour flavor. I now can enjoy the grapefruit I get in my co-op along with other foods I could not tolerate before. This should help with making right choices on my meal plans."
Tiffany Greenfield - Regular Customer
"WOW! We tried the tablets at work. Lemons, limes, oranges, apples, pears, and some alcoholic drinks all had positive taste differences. A bunch of stuff didnt work and other things got nasty. Was a really fun activity."
Diana Swift - Regular Customer
"This was fun to play around with. A good number of tablets in the box. Safe and easy to use. The effect lasts for about an hour. Had several family members try it. The kids loved it."