One of summer’s most popular locally-grown fruits is the strawberry. At this time of year, strawberries are plentiful, at the peak of their nutritional value, and affordable. Although they are enjoyable eaten unadulterated, they can be used in a number of different ways to make summertime dishes memorable and healthy.
The Health Benefits of Strawberries and Apple Cider Vinegar
The ingredients for our Strawberry Vinaigrette include strawberries, of course, and also apple cider vinegar. Both strawberries and apple cider vinegar are considered superfoods because of the range of health benefits they provide.
Strawberries are packed with vitamin C and antioxidants and have been found to:
- Improve the health of the circulatory system, helping to lower the risks of heart attacks and high blood pressure
- Improve digestion
- Reduce the risks of cancer and strokes
- Bring relief to allergy and asthma sufferers
- Lessen feelings of depression
Apple cider vinegar is equally as potent in providing health benefits as strawberries. Research has found that apple cider vinegar improves digestion, improves weight loss, regulates blood sugar, and lowers cholesterol.
To keep this recipe super-healthy, we’ve omitted the sugars and sweeteners often added to salad dressings. Instead of compromising the health benefits of this recipe by using sugars to sweeten it, we recommend eating it after consuming a MiraBurst Miracle Berry Tablet. Miracle berries are powerful flavor modifiers that transform the tastes of sour and acidic foods, like strawberries and vinegar, to sweet naturally. Just allow one of our miracle berry tablets to dissolve on your tongue and sour and acidic foods you eat for up to 90 minutes will taste sweet.
How to Make Strawberry Vinaigrette
½ pound fresh strawberries
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Take to leaves and stems off the strawberries and cut them into quarters.
2. Add the strawberries, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper to a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to two days before using.