With the blueberry season almost here, now is the time to start looking forward to incorporating this super fruit into your diet. The following recipe for a breakfast parfait is fast and easy. It’s also an appealing-looking breakfast item to serve to guest when presented in elegant stemware or mini-canisters, as shown here. Most importantly, it gives you a delicious serving of blueberries which can help improve your health.
Blueberries Are a “Superfood”
Superfoods are foods that provide a high level of nutrients like antioxidants, polyphenols, vitamins, and minerals within every serving. By consuming these foods, you can help prevent many chronic diseases and enjoy a healthier lifestyle. By eating blueberries, one of nature’s top superfoods, you can:
- Stop the effects of aging
- Improve brain functions and mental health
- Aid digestion and promote weightloess
- Improve cardiovascular functions and lower blood pressure
- Manage diabetes
- Prevent cancer
One drawback of trying to increase the amount of blueberries in your diet is their sour taste. To offset this tartness, people often add sugar to their blueberries which compromises their health benefits. Instead of sugar, you can sweeten the taste of blueberries using MiraBurst Miracle Berry Tablets. These tablets contain Miraculin, a glycoprotein that is one of nature’s only taste modifiers, transforming sour and acidic foods to sweet without sugars or sugar substitutes. With MiraBurst Miracle Berry Tablets, you can enjoy healthy sour dishes, like the sugar-free recipe below, without sacrificing your health or tasting enjoyment.
How to Make Blueberry Breakfast Parfait with Yogurt and Granola
Makes two servings
1 cup granola
1 cup plain yogurt
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1. In two glasses, add some granola to create the bottom layer of the parfaits.
2. Next, layer in some yogurt, followed by the blueberries.
3. Repeat the process again and garnish the top of the parfaits with a couple of blueberries and granola. Serve immediately.