• 4 whole cloves
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
• 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
• 1/4 teaspoon whole allspice
• 2 pounds Roma tomatoes roughly chopped
• 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
• 1 yellow onion peeled and chopped
• 1 Garlic Clove diced
• Kitchen twine
- Prepare a square single layer of cheesecloth that will hold all the spices.
- Make sure that there is room to fold and secure all the contents.
- Proceed to place the cloves, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, celery seeds, chili flakes, and allspice in the middle
of the cheesecloth.
- Fold closed the cheesecloth and secure with a length of kitchen twine.
- In a medium stock pot 4-quarts or larger (enough to house the tomatoes with some extra room) place
tomatoes, salt, vinegar, onion, chili, garlic and spice packet.
- Cook over medium heat until tomatoes and chilies are soft and onions are translucent and limp (about 30
- Remove and discard spice packet.
- Puree the sauce using an immersion blender, traditional blender or food mill.
- Strain the ketchup through a fine mesh strainer back into the cooking pot. NOTE: this step removes any seeds.
- Cook over medium-low heat for an additional 20-30 minutes until thickened to your preference.
- Store in a sealed glass container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- Remember to consume 1 tablet of MB Miracle Berry at least 5-10 minutes before enjoying this delicious